Leadership Training Workshop on Decision-Making
With guidance from the science of decision-making, leaders don’t have to rely on the trial-and-error approach. They can intentionally improve the quality of their decisions and produce more successful and predictable results.
- Why do people follow and trust the crowd?
- How should leaders evaluate the quality of their decisions?
Intelligent decision-making is the foundation of good leadership. The Science of Human Decisions gives leaders proven tools to gain clarity and prevent costly mistakes. By understanding the brain’s decision-making mechanisms, leaders will know what shapes their decisions. At the same time, they gain insights into their followers’ decision-making.
Workshop: Apply the Neuroscience of Leadership Decisions
For more than 2 decades, bias has been the buzzword in leadership development. Numerous training programs raise our awareness of our cognitive biases. However, knowing the existence of a bias doesn’t do much to eliminate or reduce it. The key to overcoming biases is to slow down our racing brains. When we shift from reactive, emotion-driven thinking to analytical, data-based thinking, we can improve the quality of our decision-making.
This interactive and thought-provoking workshop debunks common myths and teaches leaders science-proven skills.
- Discover the Brain’s Decision-Making Mechanisms: The emotional and rational brains interact to make conscious and unconscious decisions.
- Uncover What Influences Followers’ Decisions: Research shows that people follow the crowd and bond with those who are similar to them.
- Find out How Stress Affects Decision-Making: Chronic stress and strong emotions often lead to irrational decisions that result in undesirable outcomes.
- Improve Leadership Decisions: Intentionally slowing down decision-making reduces our tendency to make quick, irrational decisions under stress.
- Practice Perspective-Takingg: Seeing a situation from a different perspective is a science-proven technique to improve decision quality.
- Predict Leadership Decisions’ Effectiveness: Integrating stress reduction into leadership decisions yields predictable and reliable outcomes.
- Evaluate Leadership Decisions: Good decisions don’t necessarily produce desired outcomes. Judging decisions’ quality based on the outcome is often misleading.
Target Audiences and Details:
- New and seasoned leaders of all levels.
- The workshop lasts 3-4 hours.
- The ideal audience size is 10 to 50 participants.
Lead with Confidence and Success by Following Science
The participants of this workshop will develop an understanding of what happens when reason collides with emotion. They will practice science-proven techniques to overcome our tendency to rush to judgments and conclusions. They will gain valuable skills in evaluating the quality of decisions. They will learn to predict the outcomes of their leadership decisions.
Growing evidence has shown that emotions and feelings are the driving force of human decisions. We seek safety by conforming to our groups’ beliefs. We bond quickly with those who are similar to us. We react to what happens around us based on our feelings, not thoughts. We trust that we apply reason and logic often, yet we rarely see how irrational we are.
Dr. Terry Wu has distilled many scientific insights into leadership decision-making. He presents such essential knowledge in an engaging and entertaining style. His audiences always feel empowered by his fascinating presentations and workshops.