Workshops and Keynotes on the Neuroscience of Leadership
Most leadership speakers and trainers rely on rare anecdotes, unverifiable stories, and even fictitious fables. Their teachings have as little value as watching “Home Alone” to study Child Psychology. They tell leaders how to lead using recycled, feel-good buzzwords, such as Why, Authenticity, Empathy, or Vulnerability. However, they have few clues regarding why people follow.
In contrast, Dr. Terry Wu provides Neuroscience-powered leadership training. He offers new scientific insights into leaders’ and followers’ behaviors. He reveals how leaders lead and why followers follow.
The Neuroscience of Leadership Workshops
Dr. Wu helps leaders navigate through uncertain times with our increasing knowledge about human behavior. He turns complex science into real-world practices that leaders can quickly implement. All his content is original, without generic, recycled material from other leadership speakers or authors.
- Workshop ~ How Good Leaders Manage Stressors to Beat Burnout – A science-proven way to reduce stress is to give it to someone else. Toxic leaders are good at doing just that. This workshop will guide leaders to reduce their and their followers’ stress and burnout by following science. The overemphasis on self-care and resilience in businesses and organizations has caused more stress and shifted the responsibility of stress reduction to employees. In reality, bad leadership is the most significant source of employees’ stress.
- Workshop ~ Apply Neuroscience to Enhance Culture, Team-Building, and DEI – DEI training often fails to produce the desired outcome. Sometimes, it creates more divisions and hostilities. Dr. Wu brings Neuroscience to DEI training by demonstrating our intrinsic desire to seek group affiliation and our longing for belonging. He provides actionable insights into breaking down those barriers that divide people.
- Workshop ~ Enhance Leadership Decision-Making with Neuroscience – Leaders’ decision-making under increasing uncertainties is a highly needed skill. Dr. Wu distills the Neuroscience of Decision-Making to guide leaders in improving the quality of their choices. He gives them practical tools to lead during challenging times with confidence.
The Neuroscience of Leadership Keynotes
Dr. Wu empowers, educates, and entertains his audiences with his science-driven, content-rich keynotes. He distills the complex science of the brain and human behavior. He turns it into a new set of leadership skills.
- Keynote ~ How Effective Leaders Prevent Burnout – There is no shortage of stress management “gurus” who tell you to do yoga, get a dog, sleep well, and focus on breathing. But few truly know the science behind stress reduction. Science empowers you to reduce stress your way, which is the best way. Learn the 5 pillars of stress reduction: Control, Predictability, Progress, Frustration Outlets, and Social Support.
- Keynote ~ How to Stop Infighting with the Science of Us vs. Them – What can leaders do to unite and heal in a deeply divided world? Our brains are hardwired to have the Us-vs-Them division. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives without understanding this intrinsic tendency are often counterproductive. This highly insightful keynote empowers your audience with knowledge and hope.
- Keynote ~ Why The Brain Follows: The Neuroscience of Leadership Decision-Making – As a leader, it is paramount to understand why followers decide to follow you. Not having this knowledge is like selling a product without knowing why customers need it. Too often, the leadership development industry chases the latest fad and publishes plenty of misinformation. Find out why “Leading with Empathy” has been proven counterproductive and what is a better alternative.
- Keynote ~ What Drives Us ~ The Neuroscience of Motivation – What motivates people to work hard to achieve goals? All too often, leaders misunderstand what a valid, sustainable reward is. The brain has a very complex mechanism of reacting to reward and the anticipation of it. Something regarded as a reward to one person may be a punishment to another. What drives people to avoid threats and danger? The brain assesses risks to avoid pain and punishment. This talk enlightens leaders with science instead of buzzwords or fads.
Dr. Wu specializes in applying Neuroscience to business leadership, sales, and marketing. He received his Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University. In his 35+ years of work in Neuroscience, he has investigated how brain functions affect every aspect of business, from marketing to management and from sales to leadership.
Dr. Wu speaks on the Neuroscience of Leadership to help business and organizational leaders and managers understand how the brain reacts to stress, what motivates maximum performance, and how to increase a cooperative culture.
New Leadership Challenges Require New Ideas
Old methods of handling the complexities of leadership are no longer adequate in today’s disruptive business and social climate. In speaking at leadership training events and business conferences, Dr. Wu brings the complex workings of the human brain to stimulate a new way to enhance leadership. Managers and leaders at all levels have benefited from his science-driven, practical ideas.
From Dr. Wu’s keynote speeches and workshops, you will learn how Neuroscience research studies the brain as it makes decisions and shifts from emotional responses to logical reasoning. Tailoring leadership strategies to take advantage of this new understanding of the brain’s functions enables leaders to improve productivity, help employees cope with unexpected changes, and create new ways to inspire, motivate, and empower staff members.
Speaker on the Neuroscience of Leadership
Dr. Wu offers new perspectives on leadership development and training. The popularity of his presentations has grown steadily since his first TEDx speech in 2019.
Don’t settle for the same old feel-good pep talks filled with worthless buzzwords. Get evidence-driven information that transforms how you inspire your team members to increase their productivity and well-being.
Schedule Dr. Wu for a thought-provoking keynote or workshop at your next leadership training event or conference. He will deliver fresh, fascinating information to enhance your management or executive team’s potential through his enthralling speaking style.