Keynote Speaker – The Neuroscience of Leadership
- Reduce Our Divisions with The Science of Us vs Them
- Bad Leaders Create Stress, Good Leaders Reduce It
- Empower Your Leadership with Neuroscience
- Workshop ~ How Good Leaders Reduce Stress and Burnout
Most leadership speakers base their talks on anecdotal information that has not changed for decades. Meanwhile, Neuroscience research over the past 3 decades has revealed how the human brain makes decisions. More importantly, we have learned how our unconscious emotions influence our decision-making.
In his 150+ talks to business leaders and executives, Dr. Terry Wu provides actionable ideas that are backed up by scientific evidence and research.
Keynote Topics on the Science of Leadership
The COVID-19 pandemic and the upheaval it has caused have made an enormous impact on every business. Dr. Wu will help you navigate through these uncertain times with Neuroscience. Here are some of his keynote speeches.
- Workshop ~ Good Leaders Reduce Stress and Burnout, Toxic Leaders Do the Opposite – A science-proven way to reduce stress is to give stress to someone else. Toxic leaders are good at doing just that. This workshop will guide leaders to reduce their own and their followers’ stress and burnout by following science. The overemphasis on self care and resilience in businesses and organizations has caused more stress and shifted the responsibility of stress reduction to employees. In reality, bad leadership is the biggest source of employees’ stress.
- How to Stop Infighting: The Neuroscience of Us vs Them – In such a deeply divided world, what can leaders do to unite and heal? Our brains are hardwired to have the Us-vs-Them division. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives without understanding this intrinsic tendency are often counterproductive. This is a highly insightful keynote that empowers your audience with knowledge and hope.
- Why The Brain Follows: The Neuroscience of Leadership – As a leader, it is paramount to understand why followers decide to follow you. Not having this knowledge is like selling a product without knowing why customers need it. Too often, the leadership development industry chases the latest fad or craze and puts out plenty of misinformation. Find out why “Leading with Empathy” has been proven to be counterproductive and what is a better alternative.
- Stress: Bad Leaders Give It, Good Leaders Reduce It – There is no shortage of stress management “gurus” who tell you to do yoga, get a dog, sleep well and focus on breathing. But few truly know the science behind stress reduction. Science empowers you to reduce stress your way, which is the best way. Learn the 5 pillars of stress reduction: Control, Predictability, Progress, Frustration Outlets and Social Support.
Dr. Wu is a renowned Neuroscientist who specializes in applying Neuroscience to business leadership, sales and marketing. He received his Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University. In his 35+ years of work in Neuroscience, he has investigated how brain functions affect every aspect of business, from marketing to management and from sales to leadership.
Dr. Wu speaks on the Neuroscience of Leadership to help business and organizational leaders and managers understand how the brain reacts to stress and what motivates maximum performance.
New Leadership Challenges Require New Ideas
Old methods of handling the complexities of leadership are no longer adequate in today’s disruptive business and social climate. In speaking at leadership training events and business conferences, Dr. Wu provides insights into the complex workings of the human brain as it faces challenges. He presents actionable ideas, backed by research, to help managers and leaders at all levels lead with confidence and predictability.
From Dr. Wu’s keynote speeches and workshops, you will learn how Neuroscience research studies the brain as it makes decisions and shifts from emotional responses to logical reasoning. Tailoring leadership strategies to take advantage of this new understanding of the brain’s functions enables leaders to improve productivity, help employees cope with unexpected changes, and create new ways to inspire, motivate, and empower staff members.
Virtual or In-Person Speaker on the Neuroscience of Leadership
As a renowned speaker, Dr. Wu offers new perspectives on leadership development. The popularity of his presentations has grown steadily since his first TEDx speech in 2019.
Don’t settle for the same old feel-good pep talks. Get information that will transform your approach to inspiring your staff to increase its true potential.
Schedule Dr. Wu for a full-length keynote address at your next leadership training event or conference. Book him for a virtual appearance if you are holding an online event. Either way, he will deliver fresh, science-based information that will help your management or executive team enhance its leadership potential.